Fast and tasty orange chicken recipes – How to recreate your favorite bistro’s orange chicken plate
Orange chicken recipes are well loved because of their clean and flavorful taste. If you have loved them as a takeout, be ready to fall in love with the same recipe made from your own kitchen! This is so good you might not eat from your favorite take out bistro again!
Orange chicken recipes are very hot right now because of the simple reason that orange chicken is a very popular takeout food! Indeed, many people have been won by its fresh and savory taste. It is a very good way to enjoy chicken in a very different light. Usually, chicken is just baked or fried, so this is a very healthy and refreshing alternative to what is usually served on your plate.
The good news is you can make this simple and very delicious chicken recipe at home! It is really the kind of recipe that you will classify as no fuss, no muss. It is a crowd pleaser too so if you are going to a pot luck or is having a picnic, this is a great meal to make.
But if love it as a takeout and you do not live near a good orange chicken restaurant, now you do not have to miss out on your favorite taste. In fact, this orange chicken recipe is so good you might not want any take out again and just whip it every time from your home kitchen! Just follow these easy steps and you will have a plate as good as your favorite bistros:
- For this easy orange chicken recipe, you will need to grab the following ingredients: 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, flour, 2-3 T oil, 4 minced garlic cloves, 4-6 chopped green onions, 3 T soy sauce, 3 T orange juice concentrate, ½ c sugar, and ½ c vinegar.
- The first thing that you need to do is to chop the chicken breasts into bite size pieces and seasoned it with some salt and pepper, then coat it with flour. If you want to make coating the chicken faster, instead of turning one after the other on a bowl with flour, just throw the entire thing on a large self sealing bag and give it a good shake to coat every single piece.
- Once all the chicken have been coated with flour, heat a little bit of oil in a pan and add your chicken in. Heat it through until it turns brown. Now if you want a healthier version and you do not appreciate flouring your chicken, you can definitely skip this step and just fry your chicken in very little oil on low heat.
- Add the garlic and green onion to the pan and sauté them until soft and tender. You might need to add more oil to your pan at this point to cook your orange chicken recipe. For additional flavor, you can also add some orange rind and peppers, but these are optional. If you like intense flavors though, be sure to go for it.
- The next thing that you need to do is to add the liquid part of the orange chicken recipe. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, and orange juice concentrate to the mix, plus the sugar. Stir it constantly and mix all of the ingredients together. Make sure that all pieces of the chicken are coated with the mixture and cook it through until it is just good and bubbly. If you want a thicker sauce, you can certainly add a little bit of cornstarch to the mix, just to give it more body and thickness.
- This is fantastic when you serve it on top of a piping bowl of rice and enjoy a home cooked orange chicken meal! If you do not want rice however, you can also serve this with some noodles to make a stir fry version and it will taste just as delicious as you favorite orange chicken recipes from the big bistros!