Surprisingly healthy cheesecake recipes for you – How to make a delicious chocolate vegan cheesecake
Cheesecake recipes are not very famous for their health qualities but great substitutions can certainly be taken for the person who is trying to live a healthier lifestyle without sacrificing the sweet tooth! Take this cheesecake recipe and give it a whirl and it will be so good nobody will be able to tell that it is good for you!
Everybody loves cheesecakes but the problem with most cheesecake recipes is the number of calories and fat contained therein! It is certainly not fun to eat your cheesecake and feel very guilty about it after so to make things better, the solution is to come up with healthy cheesecake recipes that will give you the same rush that you get when getting whole slices of this decadent dessert minus all of the bad stuff that your body will do better without.
These cheesecake recipes are surely a joy to make because they will give you the same taste and texture of your favorite dessert. It will taste fantastic and it will look fantastic. The best part is, if you put it to the test with hard core dessert aficionados, they will not be able to tell the difference!
The recipe that you are about to find here is a chocolate cheesecake recipe no less but it is definitely good for you! Now you do not have to feel bad when you find yourself reaching for that second slice!
This cheesecake recipe is a clear winner because it does not contain any eggs, butter, milk, or cream! All that you need to make this lovely Chocolate Vegan Cheesecake are the following good ingredients:
- 1 c. vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 c. regular Veganeise mayo
- 1 Tbsp xanthan gum
- 2 Tbsp strawberry jam, no sugar added
- 1/2 c. all-natural crunchy peanut butter, no sugar added
- 1 c. agave nectar
- 1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 handful of mini vanilla vegan marshmallows
- 1/2 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
- To make this healthy chocolate cheesecake recipe, you need to combine almond milk and the Veganaise mayo in a small sauce pan. Stir it constantly and allow the mixture to bubble.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and add it on another bowl and dissolve the xanthan gum on it. When it has been incorporated, add it to the stove top mixture and reduce the heat of the pan while continuously stirring the mixture.
- When it has been incorporated well, you can take it out of the heat, cool it a bit and transfer into a container then chill it on your freezer to allow it to thicken. This will serve as your cream cheese mixture.
- Once it has been chilled, mash the mixture and combine with peanut butter, jam, and agave nectar on an electronic mixer. Keep on whisking it for a couple of minutes and add the cocoa powder, marshmallows, and coconut flakes.
- Flour and butter a spring form pan, making sure to reach all around the sides of the container. Transfer the batter into the pan and place inside a warm oven. This cheesecake recipe bakes for about half an hour.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool completely before serving. You can simply present it with a walnut or pecan on top or make your very own dark chocolate sauce. You can simply melt the chocolate on a double boiler and pour it on top of the cake before you bake it to make a delicious frosting. Of course you have to choose dark chocolate because it is the healthier version for chocolate with a lot of antioxidants and a little goes a long way when it comes to flavor!
The moment you serve this cheesecake, you will be surprised at how fast it disappears from your serving platter! The moment you tell your family and friends that it is a healthy version of their favorite cheesecake they might find it as a big joke because it will be very difficult to tell the difference! It is up to you if you want to tell them the real deal with this healthy cheesecake recipe, but in all, it is indeed a very nice and guilt free way to have your cake and eat it too!